ATIS is the continuous broadcast of non-control information in high activity terminal areas. Its purpose is to improve pilot and controller effectiveness and to relieve frequency congestion by automating the repetitive transmission of essential but routine information.
ATIS information includes the time of the latest METAR weather sequence; ceiling, visibility, obstructions to visibility, temperature, dew point, wind direction (magnetic), and velocity, altimeter, other pertinent remarks, instrument approach and runway in use. Pilots of aircraft arriving or departing the terminal area can receive the continuous ATIS broadcast at times when cockpit duties are least pressing and listen to as many repeats as desired. The ATIS broadcast is updated upon the receipt of any official hourly and special weather. A new recording will also be made when there is a change in other pertinent data such as runway change, instrument approach in use, etc.
- INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
- ATIS is designed according to the recommendations of ICAO standards and WMO standards.
- A Software configurable system setting allows adaptation to various system demands
- prepared for future regarding CNS/ATM features.
- CONTINUOUS BRAODCASTING CAPABILITY
- ATIS guarantees continuous broadcasting capability on any radio system at any time
- Regardless of the system loading due to weather changes.
- Automatic processing and updating of the messages
- FUNCTIONALITY and FLEXIBILITY
- ATIS provides a comprehensive range of optional functions for telephone and fax call backs to get the ATIS information just simply on the line.
- Every feature and operational function can separately be enabled or disabled and is configured by software parameters to allow easy adaptation to customer specific requirements.
- RELIABILITY, REDUNDANCY
- based on industrial computing systems with automatic switch over to hot standby unit.
- The system is entirely high end Pentium based and comprises the commercial off the shelf (COTS) components.
- A single fault affects only one half of the system.
- INTEGRATED PROCESSING of VOICE and DATA
- Integrated processing technology.
- Voice and data are constructed due to ICAO standards where the information shall be identical in both information and format to the both applicable services V-ATIS and D-ATIS.
- ATIS already provides the possibility for integration into future air navigation system environments such as D-link services.
- TEST CHANNEL and MONITORING CHANNEL
- ATIS Test Channel provides you with the constructed message before the operator release the message.
- On the ATIS Monitoring Channel the operator can monitor the actual update of the messages.
- EXCELLENT SPEECH QUALITY
- Fully digital signal processing from AFTN/AWOS interfaces up to the radio interfaces
- perfect speech quality.